Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinterest Project #3- Remembering our First Home

Justin and I rented a house the first year of our marriage. We bought and moved into our first home on the weekend of our first wedding anniversary and have lived in it for the last 6 years. We bought the house on a forecloser so it needed a little TLC but we loved it. I have so many memories in that house. We brought both our babies home, had birthday parties and parties with friends, and built a life together.

Although I was very ready to move because we needed more space and I was ready to be out of the neighborhood, that house will always hold a special place in my heart.

I saw this next project on pinterest and thought it was such a great idea. Frame the key to your first home. I love this because I can have it on the wall and always remember how far Justin and I have come and all the memories we made in that house.

Materials:
Frame - $0 ( i used one I already had)
Key - $0 (we were supposed to leave both our keys to the new owners but shhhh I kept one)
Scrapbooking paper - $0.22
Spray Paint - $3.00
Glue gun - $2.00


I started by spray painting the key. Justin thought this was weird and told me not to but I'm glad I did. I think it really added to it and made it "pop".
Then I put the paper I picked out in the frame. The "pin's" directions said to glue the key to the paper but I thought that would make the paper wrinkle a little so I put the glass back on then glued the key to the glass. I'm glad I did this and you really cant tell at all that the key is on the outside.


Project #3 = ehhh.. the more I look at it the more I like it. At first I wasn't so sure about it and thought it looked too cheesy. I ended up hanging it by the door. It's the first thing we have hung in the new house (other then Justin's deer heads in the office.. he did that right away)

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Carrie! Depending on how many times you move, it will be really neat to have a collection of framed keys in 50 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that's a great idea Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete