WE ARE MOVED! I didnt think I would ever say that! This has been quite the ride but we are all moved in and it was worth all the fuss. We are loving every minute in our new home!
We took the whole week off work to get settled. Its been great because we can just unpack casually and take breaks to do fun things every once in awhile.
I haven't done a pinterest project yet for the new house but I already have a huge list! I will probably start on one next weekend.
The minute I saw this activity on pinterest I knew my boys would love it! It invloves destruction and they are all about that right now.
SUPPLIES:
TUBS
TOYS
WATER
HAMMER
Total Cost: $0
I got two tubs from their toy organizer, put toys in them, put water in the tub, and put the tub in the freezer. Easy as that! I put lighter toys in Camden's tub so they wouldn't sink very far and heaver toys in Colton's so it would be a little more difficult.
Colton was SO excited about this. He literally asked me every 10 minutes if it was frozen yet. I would suggest NOT telling the kids about the tubs of toys in the freezer.
I had them freeze over night and of course it was the first thing Colton wanted to do when he woke up. We immediatly took the tubs outside. I gave Colton a small real hammer and just let Camden use his toy hammer.
They really loved this! The best thing about it.... it took about 45 min - 1 hr. All you mommies out there know this is a LIFE TIME in kiddo world.
We ended up dumping the block of ice out of the tubs so that they didnt end up busting through the tubs.
Camden gave up on hammer about 2 minutes in and just started eating the ice. It's water and he was entertained so I was fine with it.
After they had gotten all the toys they had fun throwing the ice, golfing with the ice, playing baseball with the ice, and of course eating the ice.
Our dog Childress even joined in and had fun with this one.
Project #2 = SUCCESS! I highly reccommed this one. We had a lot of fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment