Friday, November 19, 2010

JULY 19,2010

Last I left off we were getting ready for the baby to come. So I guess I will share the “birth story”. I remember after I had Colton I became obsessed with birth stories and telling mine. Before him I was completely uninterested, so I am aware that many will care less but I know there are some out there that love hearing about it so it I go….

This time there is a lot less to tell since it was planned. We came in Sunday night (July 18th) and they started the pitocin early the next morning. I did start contractions on my own that night so that did make me feel better about the whole induction thing since I was not induced the first time it was all new to me.

Somewhere in there I got an epidural and was ready to start pushing after being in labor for only about 5 hours (I labored 18 hours with Colton).

Then came the pushing… oh the pushing. I had a terrible time with Colton so I was determined to go all out, balls to the wall with Camden. Well it was only 45 minutes this time compared to 2 hours with Colton. But it was still so horrendous. Some women would choose pushing over the labor, but I would so rather go through the labor than the pushing. I HATE IT!!! It is so painful to me. Camden had the cord wrapped around his shoulder so he got stuck half way through, and that was very painful. I just remember crying, screaming, and praying out loud through the whole thing.

I had an amazing nurse that really helped me through it and kept me going. Justin of course was wonderful. He remained so calm through it all and didn’t seem nervous at all. I know it was hard for him to see me in so much pain but he was definitely the rock I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment