Friday, December 11, 2009

THANKSGIVING - I KNOW ITS LATE



This Thanksgiving was a special one for us in many ways. The first way is that it was my niece Natalie’s first Thanksgiving. I love getting to be with her on all her “firsts”. We start the day out in Garland spending lunch with my side of the family and with one of our favorite family the Renfo/Moss/Wises. This is where the second special reason came into play. The oldest son of the family lives in Nebraska and hasn’t been home for Thanksgiving in so many years I couldn’t even tell you. Well as a surprise he and his girlfriend show up at the door to spend the holiday with us! So exciting! Then we head off back to Midlothian to spend Dinner with Justin’s side of the family.




This brings me to the 3rd reason this Thanksgiving was so special to us. We have been trying for baby number two for quite some time, and were beginning to get discouraged, until about 4 weeks ago we found out that it has finally happened. We thought Thanksgiving would be a good time to share the news because all of our family would be at the same place at the same time.

I knew I wanted to involve Colton in some way in announcing the news of our upcoming arrival. So I found a shirt that has ONLY CHILD crossed out and has added BIG BROTHER! We had Colton go up to my mom and then Justin’s mom and take off his jacket and show them his shirt. Then screaming followed. Colton was excited to have a “secret” and be apart of it but he DID NOT like the screaming. He said, “Why do they have to scream like that?”

We are so excited for the new addition to our family. What a day we have giving thanks for we had so much to be thankful for.

1 comment: