Friday, December 4, 2009

Colton's First Hunting Trip



Ok so I have been a total blog slacker lately. I knew I wasn’t totally cut out for this job J A few weeks ago we took Colton on his first hunting trip. He has been to the deer lease before but never to the deer stand. The week leading up to going all he would talk about was going hunting with Daddy. He told everyone! His teachers, his grandparents, the checkout people at Walmart. He was so excited! Justin’s Dad, Jadi, Jordan and Mimi were all there so it made for a great time! I think his favorite part about the trip was just being there with everyone and playing outside. He loved that he got to wear “hunting clothes”. The actual “hunting” wasn’t as bad as a thought it would be. I mean we are talking Justin, me and a two year old in a 10x10 box. But Colton did pretty well. He liked looking through the binoculars and every deer he saw he said, “Daddy shoot it!” He comes back telling everyone that Daddy didn’t let him shoot cause the deer were too small (little does he know he couldn’t shoot cause HE was too small). He got restless towards the end but that is to be expected.

It was so fun to watch Justin share a passion of his with his son. Justin was beaming the whole time. I know he looks forward to many more father – son hunting trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment